Immune System Support
This is an Ayurvedic protocol for strengthening the immune system to help prevent viral illnesses.
- 200 ml hot/warm water on empty stomach first thing in the morning.
- Ginger & Lemon tea three times a day after meals helps to strengthen the digestive fire and remove toxins from the body.
- Chyawanprash: 1 teaspoon in approx. 100ml hot water at 11am and 4pm. Chyawanprash has high levels of Vitamin C and antioxidants and is known for its excellent immune boosting effect.
- Tulsi: one capsule twice a day. Tulsi is known as one of the best immune boosting herbs for the respiratory system and related flus and fevers, including viral infections.
- Neem: one capsule twice a day. Neem helps to strengthen the liver and has very good ant-viral properties.
- Turmeric: one capsule twice a day. Turmeric has very good blood-cleansing, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
- Triphala: two capsules in the evening around 9pm. Triphala helps remove excess toxins through the stools.
- At least 1 litre of hot/warm water to drink every day.
- Favour sweet fruits (only on an empty stomach), leafy green veg, brightly coloured veg, ginger, dates, rice, wholegrains, almonds (soaked in water for a few hours, skins removed).
- Minimise raw food (except fruit which should never be cooked), canned, frozen and old food, alcohol, stimulants, refined sugar and heavily processed foods.
- Soups and dahls as often as possible. Warm foods help to improve circulation and remove illness.
- Avoid cold drinks and cold dairy products. No yoghurt, cold milk, cheese, cream.
- Keep active. A 20 minute walk in the fresh air each day is hugely beneficial to the immune system.
- Minimise stress. Stress has a negative impact on the immune system so, wherever possible, take steps to balance stressful situation using breathing techniques and meditation.
Please contact me if you would like further information or would like to purchase any of the herbs.